Plan Revision - Phase 2
Help shape the future of the Tonto National Forest and get involved in the revision of the Tonto National Forest Land and Resource Management Plan (Forest Plan) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
A digital copy of the PPP is available at the link below:
- Preliminary Proposed Plan (November 2017)
Formal comments were received between November 6, 2017 - January 12, 2018 on the Preliminary Proposed Plan. These comments along with feedback during the November public meetings and the NOI scoping period were used to develop Draft Themes and Draft Alternative Descriptions.
These materials were reviewed and discussed during the 2nd Technical Partner Meeting and updates will be which will be used to develop the Draft Forest Plan (DFP) and Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS).
A draft environmental impact statement (DEIS) will accompany the release of the draft forest plan. The planning team is currently working on the analysis for their resources. More information about what to expect can be found in Chapter 20 of the 2012 Planning Rule.
- An updated timeline for plan revision is available.
- A Land and Resources Management Plan (Forest Plan) is made up of Plan Components for each resource or topic.
- Check out this video from to see why Plan Revision is so important.
- Check out the Documents and Resources page for more information about the plan revision process including: Ch. 10 Assessments and Ch. 20 Land Management Plan of the 2012 Planning Rule.
- Stream Restoration Field Trip was held on May 2, 2018 focused on desired conditions and opportunities for future management of forest resources.
- Technical Partner Meetings are being held throughout the revision process, click here for more information.
- Public Meetings Round 2 took place November 7- 21, 2017 throughout the forest to review and answer questions on the preliminary proposed plan, and discuss ideas for moving forward.
- Initial Species of Conservation Concern (SCC) list was approved by the Regional Forester on September 20, 2017.
- Public Meetings Round 1 took place June 13th - 22nd throughout the forest to collaborate on ideas for the preliminary proposed plan.
- Assessment and Needs to Change were posted in March 2017
- Notice of Intent (NOI) was posted in the federal registry on April 6, 2017